Advanced Applied English Program Practices and Implementation
School of Education and Applied Languages, Ming Chuan University
- The School of Education and Applied Languages have issued the following regulations regarding the Advanced Applied English Program based on the university’s cross-department credits program policy.
- The committee of the Advanced Applied English Program is composed of 5 members who are faculty members from the School of Education and Applied Languages. The committee is responsible for planning the curriculum of the program and led by a coordinator elected by the committee members.
- The English Language Center is in charge of all procedures and paperwork required and related for the program.
- The list of required courses and credits for the completion of the program is approved by the committee, Academic Affairs Council, and the university president.
- Current MCU undergraduate students should apply to the program via Student Network Information System in order to be admitted to the program.
- Applicants to the program should be waived from the Practical English 4 course.
- Students who have applied for this program of study but decide to quit the program may apply for applying the credits earned to equivalent courses at their year-level. However, this application is limited to ONE time only.
- This program of study is not applicable to students of the Department of Applied English or the International College.
- Program of study completion certificate will only be awarded to students who complete the 20 credits of coursework from the Advanced Applied English or from the Undergraduate General Education English Program. At least 12 of the 20 credits must be chosen from courses of the Advanced Applied English program. In addition, students must have a TOEIC score of 750 in order for the certificate to be awarded.
- Students enrolled in the program but have not met the requirement for the Advanced Applied English program completion may not extend their year of graduation, even if they have already met the graduation requirement for their majoring department.
- According to the university’s policy, the School will assess the program’s effectiveness regularly. If assessment results are not satisfactory, the university will demand changes to be made to the program or end the program.
- In case of program termination, an official report should be filed, and approved by the Academic Affairs Council and the university president.
- Any rules and regulations not mentioned but be implemented according to the general university policy.
- All rules and regulations for the Advanced Applied English program are approved by the School, Academic Affairs Council and the university president before being officially announced or modified.