MCU Enforcement Rules for English Proficiency Requirements
(Beginning with students admitted in the 2016-17 academic year)
- Students studying in the International College or the Applied English Department should acquire higher test scores than the minimum requirements. Specific requirements will be established in other regulations.
- 4. Should any undergraduate student be unable to meet one of the above requirements before entering their fourth year, they must take and pass the Practical English for Professionals 1 and 2, 4 credits total, 2 credits for each semester, and will be considered as passing one of the above mentioned English proficiency requirements. Graduate students who are unable to meet one of the above requirements before graduation must take and pass the Applied English 1 and 2, 4 credits total, 2 credits for each semester, and will be considered as passing one of the above mentioned English proficiency requirements.
- 5. A student who meets the minimum requirements for an English Proficiency test should submit the original certificate or score report to the English Language Center for review. After completion of these procedures, the student will be verified as meeting the graduation requirements.
- 6. Students admitted before 2015-16 academic year follow the Ming Chuan University Enforcement Rules for English Proficiency Requirements passed on May 12, 2011.
- 7. Enforcement rules were announced and implement upon approval by the English Language Center Faculty Meeting, School Affairs Committee Meeting, Institute of General Education School Affairs Committee Meeting, Academic Affairs Committee Meeting, and University President. Any revision must follow the same procedures.